Ashboro Jun 7-9. Mt Shepherd Retreat Center
Gen Tilopa will lead meditations from the 11th Century poem “Eight Verses in Training the Mind”. The commentary to this poem is the text “Eight Steps to Happiness” by Ven Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. There is a free download from a link on our home page, or you can purchase a hard copy from our bookstore or at the retreat.
Get Your Inner Peace On
Mount Shepherd Retreat Center
1045 Mount Shepherd Road Ext.Asheboro, NC 27205
Located in the Uwharrie National Forest, Mt. Shepherd is nestled in a beautiful woodland area with a pond and several miles of hiking trails. There are several scenic overlook areas within walking distance perfect for quiet contemplation.
This retreat will take place in Mt. Shepherd’s Cottage. Turn right and follow signs to “Bethlehem Cottage”
Introduction starts at 7:30PM Friday Sept 28th and silence will be observed until lunch on Sunday.
- How much does it cost? The cost for the retreat, accommodation and meals is $240.
- Meals? Vegetarian, 3 meals Saturday and 2 meals on Sunday. Please eat before arriving on Friday night.
- Weather? be prepared for anything, although it should be safe to leave the snow gear at home!
- What to wear? Comfortable clothes as there will be lengthy meditations. Please bring clothing appropriate for late-summer to early-fall weather. If you plan to go hiking outside, trail walking gear recommended, including long pants and deet-free bug spray.
- Mats/cushions/chairs? The Center will supply these. If you want your own, feel free to bring your own cushion/mat. Chairs will also be available.
- Food? We will provide food throughout the weekend, but if you have special dietary restrictions or your favorite snacks, there will be a personal fridge for to use. Feel free to bring your own snacks. If you have food allergies, please let us know.
- Books? You can purchase a copy of Eight Steps to Happiness at the retreat or our Center bookstore or purchased online at Tharpa.com
- Cell Phones/Computers? Leave them locked in the car or at home. Emergency phone use is of course ok, but if you don’t need it, enjoy the peace & quiet time!
- Cancellations? Please use the Questions section below in the event this occurs and a refund is requested prior to the start of the event. An administrative fee of $30 will be retained from any refunds. The pre-paid funds could also considered a donation to the center and a receipt for your records can be issued if needed.
- Accommodations? Unless noted otherwise, retreat participants will stay in shared indoor dormitories. There is also camping available – please note in your registration notes if you prefer to camp – please bring your own tent! There are also hotels and airbnb’s located in the nearby town of Asheboro.
Have another question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are a limited number of spaces available for this retreat: first come, first served.
The retreat fee ($240) includes all 7 retreat sessions, meals and accommodation. Please bring linens or a sleeping bag and a towel.
Male and female indoor accommodations are reserved on a first come basis. Email Caroline at email@example.com to secure indoor accommodation. Camping is available for both male and female – please bring your own tent and sleeping bag/pillow. In addition, there are hotels and Airbnb’s available in the nearby town of Asheboro.
Pre-Registration is required – please click below and choose a registration option.