KMC NC Annual Fall Retreat
How To Transform Your Life
September 8-10, 2017
This year’s Annual Fall Retreat will offer commentary on the Summer Festival 2017 oral transmission of How To Transform Your Life, 3rd edition.
This book is a practical manual for daily life that shows how we can develop and maintain inner peace, how we can reduce and stop our experience of problems, and how we can bring about positive changes in our lives that will enable us to experience deep and lasting happiness. This is a significantly revised edition of one of Venerable Geshe Kelsang’s most popular and accessible books.
Through practicing the instructions presented in this book we can transform our life from a state of misery into one of pure and everlasting happiness. These instructions are scientific methods to improve our human nature.
Introduction starts at 7:30PM Friday Sept 8th, and goes until Sunday afternoon
Mount Shepherd Retreat Center
1045 Mount Shepherd Road Ext.
Asheboro, NC 27205
About Mt. Shepard Retreat Center
There are a maximum of 30 beds with 4-6 twin beds per room. Linens, towels, and pillows are not included. The facility is handicap accessible.
All meals included and will be vegetarian. If you have food allergies, please let us know.
The area is located in a beautiful woodland area with many marked trails. Please bring clothing appropriate for late-summer to early-fall weather. There are several areas with benches for contemplation.
Retreat Schedule: Coming soon
Frequently Asked Questions
- Meals? Vegetarian. Dinner Friday, 3 meals Sat and 2 meals Sunday.
- Weather? be prepared for anything, although it should be safe to leave the snow gear at home!
- What to wear? Comfortable clothes as there will be lengthy meditations. Trail walking gear recommended, as is sunscreen and deet-free bug spray
- Mats/cushions/chairs? The Center will supply these. If you want your own, feel free to bring your own cushion/mat. The floor in the main hall is tiled. Chairs will also be available.
- Food? Not recommended to bring your own food/snacks. There will be plenty in the main hall area to snack on for your walks and contemplation time. If you have food allergies, please let us know.
- Books? You can find the free e-book online here or if you want to purchase a copy of How To Transform Your Life please visit our book store or Tharpa.com. Books will be available at the Retreat for $18.18 (includes tax)
- Cell Phones/Computers? Leave them locked in the car or at home. Emergency phone use will be available. Enjoy the peace & quiet time!
- Cancellations? Please use the Questions section below in the event this occurs and a refund is requested prior to the start of the event. An administrative fee of $30 will be retained from any refunds. The pre-paid funds could also considered a donation to the center and a receipt for your records can be issued if needed.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Retreat ~ $220
Initial 50% Deposit – $110
Remaining 50% Balance (due 9/7/17) – $110
Late Registration (after 9/1/17) – $230
***Special Price for Foundation Program Students***